www.flickr.com

Monday, November 14, 2005

A funny thing happened on the way to the spa....

Today started like every Monday lately. I got up and showered so that I could make it to my "job" at the radiation plant by 9:15. As with everyone else, my weekend was too short and Monday came too soon. Even though my job is only 60 seconds long, it is a very tiring 60 seconds. I do love my team, Lydia, Steve, Teresa and the others but they do wear me out. Anyway, since it was Monday and I was tired, I skipped my Quigong class and came home after a trip to the grocery store.

My phone was still out so I called SBC and they informed me that my phone would be out about 5 days. Then they forwarded it to my other phone. The bad phone came back on line about 1 hour later (after I saw the SBC van parked in front of my house and heard all of the neighborhood dogs barking like crazy for about an hour). Now I had a phone that forwarded since SBC forgot to reverse the order. I called back and finally got all of my phones back to normal.

Next, I decided to update my antivirus from Symantec since my subscription was expiring. I soon found out that Symantec doesn't support the 2003 version any longer and I needed to upgrade. The website suggested 2006 but 2006 does not run on Windows 98 so I had to go to a "special" page and order 2005. I ordered and paid and then came the download part. The website suggested saving to your computer and then downloading so I did. However, that was a disaster since I didn't have enough disc space. It also didn't uninstall the 2003 since, technically, it wasn't an upgrade. I decided to free up disc space by unistalling 2003. I found the program and clicked on uninstall. The computer nicely (or so I thought) uninstalled 2003. What it didn't do was uninstall Live Update and in fact left it running. I tried installing 2005 and it wouldn't install because it kept seeing Live Update as running. I tried for a couple of hours to figure out how to turn it off. Since 2003 had uninstalled itself, all of the visible mechanisms for dealing with Live Update were gone. I finally searched for Live Update and just deleted the files. That seemed to work and allowed the 2005 install to go forward.

Just about that time, at the height of my frustration, my cell phone rang. It was my friend, Susan, telling me that she had "won" a mini-spa day for today and couldn't go and would I like to go? I said, "sure" and she told me I had to leave at that minute. The appt was for 3 - 5 and it was 2:59. Fortunately, I was clean since I had to go to "work" this morning but I was dressed in sweats. Oh well, I thought. It is a spa. Sweats are okay. When I got there, I found out it was actually a group event and there were many women there all in their work clothes. Ooops! And I had to be Susan. (Yes, Susan I walked a mile in your shoes today - at least your name's shoes). Everyone was calling me Susan and asking me about my job. I finally had to give in and tell them that I was really Cathy (but only after about 1 1/2 hours). Anyway, the group was fun and the spa was great. I got an awesome foot massage, wonderful mini-facial, great chair massage and topped off with a little make-up design. They had fruit and chocolate truffles and gave us a little bag of products and chocolate to take home. Can't beat all of that for free!

And one more thing. I was sitting there in all of my buzz-haired glory since it is just starting to grow back and one of the women says, "I really like your hair. I want to cut mine like that." A couple of the others chimed in with the same thing. Then they all proceeded to discuss how easy it is to take care of, etc., etc. One of them finally asked me if people were shocked when I cut it short and I just said, "no" and smiled. I never let the chemo cat out of the bag. It was all too humorous and a little flattering.

Next, very relaxed, I went over to Stanford for my enery healing session (also free - thank you cancer) and got even more relaxed.

After finally getting home, I saw that my Norton still hadn't loaded and there was some other problem. Will I ever get this loaded, get my protection and my $29.95 worth? Lets hope!

Things to be thankful for today. Spas of course!

1 Comments:

At 2:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do you have as much difficulty as me in finding information via a blog search? I just cannot get to the real information I am lookin for. Fortunately, I was lucky to come across your post and really enjoyed reading it.

--Thanks,
Stretching and Flexibility

 

Post a Comment

<< Home