www.flickr.com

Saturday, December 17, 2005

New Photos!

I have finally finished another roll of film. Yes, I am old-fashioned and still buy those little roll things that go in your camera and make negatives. No digital camera for me. But, fortunately, Long's puts them on cd's so I can upload them. The new set covers Radiation Autumn, the time between starting and completing radiation.

The photos are in backward order because that is how I uploaded them. They start with the trip to Monterey Bay Aquarium. I now have hair and, more importantly, eyebrows! What a wonderful thing eyebrows do for a face!

Next come the ATW Leadership team. What a wonderful group and a wonderful organization. hmmm..... I use that word, wonderful, a lot....but it really is a wonderful word! ;)

This is the Dec meeting. Many of the women on this team provided food and company support for me after my mastectomy and all of them have provided support in some form during the last year. They put on great events for women in technology every month. And the price is reasonable. This year, we auctioned off time with about 20 executives including Carol Bartz of Autodesk and next year, Guy Kawasaki will be speaking. The website is atwinternational.org and look for the Silicon Valley Chapter.

Going backward, there are the photos of my first painting - the one that started out as mud! Then come the Halloween shots with me in my witches hat. That was the day that I had a double whammy - radiation in the morning, following by Herceptin in the late morning. Then, I visitied the twins in the afternoon to help get them into their Halloween costumes - unfortunately no photos of us together and finally a Healing treatment in the evening. I was exhausted that night! The Kitties in a Basket were a big hit and all three teams - radiation, oncology nursing and infusion - loved them. My oncologist got a big kick out of the witches hat when I went for my visit with him. I even wore it out to lunch with Mom and Dad!

Going even further back is a photo of me and my friend, Michelle celebrating the end of Taxol and the beginning of her new job and other exciting things.

And, finally, are the photos of me in Bear Valley (yes, the ski resort) when I went for an interview the day before going into surgery and starting radiation treatments (yes, I did both on the same day). I didn't get the job but had a nice trip up with my BIL Sean and it was a beautiful day. Look closely, I have no eyebrows and hair. The hair is a wig and the eyebrows are drawn on. What a way to go for an interview!

That is the end of the new photos. Most of them relate to stories already told so for more detail, I will have to go back and read a previous post.

It was a fun and active fall, as you can see. All of this and radiation, surgery, court cases, car accidents and herceptin, too! How lucky can a girl get?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home