www.flickr.com

Friday, March 03, 2006

Finally some new photos

I have posted here today some new photos which come courtesy of my sister, Susan. Thanks for taking the pictures!

There are two photos of me with my nieces - Samantha and Riley where you can get a nice view of my new hair (and of course the nieces too). This hair is still the grow out from the chemo. I haven't done anything else to it.

The other two photos have a story. Our friend Rich whose blog is referenced to your right under American in Germany http://onlyingermany.blogspot.com/wrote a very moving story of his life and first meeting with the twins. The story left me in tears. Rich also posted a photo with the story that showed his first meeting with Samantha - one of the twins. I was so inspired that I just had to paint it. The picture you see was painted for Rich and is the result of that inspiration. Rich is in Germany so it may take some time before the actual painting is delivered but, rest assured, he will eventually get it. I hope he likes it.

As for other news, my CT scan came back with no unusual blips or shadows. Just showed that I do have a brain after all! Yesterday, I had two cysts removed and now have two little stitches to show for it. They will be biopsied but don't really expect to find anything.

The trials with Social Security continue. Kaiser, Santa Teresa didn't help by delaying sending my records over to the SS office. They say they are supposed to go out in 7 - 10 working days but it is taking them 16 working days (they won't send them until next Wed) to send them over! Apparently, none of those people understand what it is like to have billls to pay! Kaiser, Redwood City hasn't sent theirs either and I couldn't even speak with them because they were "out to lunch". Aargh! At least things are moving.

Oh! I almost forgot. I have a date with Bachelor #3 (Mr. SeemsNormal). He is still seeming normal and we have a lot in common. I am really looking forward to this date. It is tomorrow - drinks and.......maybe......dinner.......if all goes well during the drinks phase! PFChangs.

That is all of my news. Just enjoying not having to be out on this rainy day.

7 Comments:

At 9:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You look great!
The twins are beautiful!
The art.....well.....breath taking! You have a lot of talent. I love the inspired photo...it shows a lot of emotion.
Kids, "aren't they great"
--Beth

 
At 9:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay, not a photo, your art!
Beautiful!
--Beth

 
At 1:48 PM, Blogger Seajade said...

Beth, Thanks for both comments! Glad to hear from you!

 
At 7:39 AM, Blogger Rich said...

Hallo Cathy!!!
Cathy, thank you so much for this totally beautifull gift. I am just blown away by the whole experiance and am a little bit in shock still. It is such a beautifull painting Cathy. I just can not now way no how believe that you went through the trouble of doing this. You are so incredible Cathy. I wish I was there so I could give you the biggest hug in the world. You deserve it!Thats just what this painting has made me feel like. Like I am getting the biggest warmest hug ever. Thank you so much Cathy!!!

 
At 11:51 AM, Blogger Seajade said...

Rich,
So glad you liked it. Your story was such an inspiration, I didn't feel like I could do anything but paint! Thanks so much for all of your support and big hugs to you, your beautiful wife and the new little "Dot" inside!

 
At 12:13 PM, Blogger Seajade said...

The only problem now is that I am at a sort of block in my painting and need another new inspiration to get started again!

 
At 6:56 AM, Blogger Rich said...

Ill send you some naked photos of me. Better stock up on the flesh colored paint, cuz I got alot of flesh. Just kiddin! HaHaHa!! Not really though, Im getting huge in the belly area! Heres an idea for you. Paint a squirrel. Eating a peanut. I have many squirrel photos if you need one.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home