www.flickr.com

Monday, March 06, 2006

8th Herceptin Treatment

Today is my 8th Herceptin Treatment. That is about all there is to say about it. Nothing exciting there. Just go to the doctor. Wait. He asks how I am doing. Fine. Get my Herceptin prescription. Go to the infusion room. Wait. Sit in the big comfy chair. A nurse sticks a needle in the port in my chest. Wires hanging out everywhere. Look like something from the Matrix. Hook one of the wires up to a bag hanging from a rod. Turn on the pump. Pump, pump, pump for about an hour and a half. At the same time, hook up the blood pressure cuff. Take the blood pressure. After, inject Heparin through the wires to clean the port and eliminate any potential for a blood clot. Remove the needle and wires. Put a bandaid over it. Get a Mocha coffee -non-fat, decaf with whip. Get in the car and leave. Pretty simple.

At least, the rash has finally gone and I can sleep without scratching all night. Seems like the cortisone cream helped and/or it just ran its course. The docs never did figure out what caused it.

The only small little problem I have today is that one of the stitches they put in last week after removing the cyst tore out yesterday. I have to go back in today to have a new one put in. It is right on my chest and I don't want an ugly scar there (besides the 3 big ones that are there already).

Thats about all of the news for now. Have to run!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home