www.flickr.com

Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Doctor, doctor

Today, I saw my new primary physician and she was refreshingly interested in my health. She checked out all of the itchy little red bumps and said that it is not shingles. Yeah! It appears to be an allergic response of some sort though we are not sure of the trigger. She gave me some cream to rub on it twice/day and told me not to use soap in the shower. (Sorry in advance for the smell!). If that doesn't work, then I will have to take some internal medicine.

She also informed me that there is a blood test that can show if you are carrying the chicken pox virus, even if you have had no outward symptoms so I traipsed off to the blood lab for a test. Of course, they couldn't find any good bleeders so have now resorted to my wrist which is supposed to be the most painful place. Why do people slash their wrists? Anyway, the stick wasn't too painful and the blood flowed nicely. They put a big bandage across it so now I really do look like I tried to slash my wrists.

Next was the stand and wait in line at the pharmacy for the cream. All in all it took about 3 hours. Lets hope this nasty rash resolves itself.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home